Tuesday 16 July 2013

Easy Chocolate Crunchy Recipe

I found this recipe in the August 2011 Ideas Magazine and it looked so simple I had to give it a try. The recipe in the magazine provides beautiful step-by-step instructions which I am waaay to lazy to post here, so here it is:

Chocolate Crunchy Ingredients:

500 ml Flour
500 ml Rolled Oats
500 ml Desiccated Coconut
60 ml Cocoa Powder
10 ml Baking Powder
370 ml (340g) Margarine
10 ml Vanilla Essence

Chocolate Crunchy Icing:

500 ml Icing Sugar
30 ml Cocoa Powder
10 ml Butter (I used margarine)

Chocolate Crunchy Method:

Mix all the dry chocolate crunchy ingredients, add a pinch of salt. Add the vanilla essence and melt the margarine and stir into the dry ingredients. Press into a greased baking tray and flatten with a fork or spatula, prick with a fork and bake at 180 Degrees Celsius for 10 – 15 minutes, taking care that the crunchies do not burn.

Icing Method:

To prepare the icing, sift the icing sugar and cocoa powder. Add the butter and some warm water in small increments until a smooth spreadable mixture forms. As soon as the crunchies come out of the oven, pour the icing over them and spread evenly. Cut into squares while they are still warm and once cooled remove from the pan.

Delish!

I must add that I did have a slight problem with my crunchy mixture. Perhaps I used too little margarine, so really do not try and skimp on this and in so “fool” yourself to believe they will be less fattening if you try to use less. Just go the whole hog, you won’t be sorry!


Chocolate Crunchies

No comments:

Post a Comment