Monday 1 July 2013

Love is a Verb

In the May 2013 issue of the Your Family Magazine there’s an article about Ashley Hayden  It’s a great article about her and her life and all the amazing things she’s done, I truly admire her. What struck me in the article was what she said about love..


“Love is a verb, not a noun”


She said and its really so true! She goes on to say that love is “letting them have the first bath while the water is still hot, its buying Bovril and not Marmite because you know that’s the one they like”

This really struck me, because I have actually been doing a lot of thinking about love for a while. It has actually inspired me to “jazz up” a painting I have in my TV lounge - which I have already started on but will post the “before” and “after” photos once I’m done.


This month’s issue (July 2013) of the Ideas Magazine had an entire article about the Rijksmuseum in The Netherlands and the amazing fact that you can create an account on their website and download digital versions of the art in the museum and use these masterpieces to create your own works of art. If you haven’t done so already, make sure you visit their website here!


So for today I have created my own little artwork, inspired by Ashley and the amazing works at the Rijksmuseum.


This is from the Declaration of Love, Alfred Silvester, 1855 - 1865

No comments:

Post a Comment