Sunday 28 July 2013

Easy & Quick Banana Bread Recipe

This banana bread is a super easy to make, and the reason I love making it, is because you don’t even need to use a hand mixer! I found the recipe here, and you should really give it a try!

Banana Bread Ingredients:


1 3/4 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda (I use baking powder)
3/4 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 large – the riper the better)
3/4 cup vegetable oil

Method:


Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.

Spray a medium sized loaf tin with spray and cook or another oil spray. Mix or whisk flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk eggs, sugar, bananas, and oil in a large bowl until smooth(ish). Add dry ingredients to banana mixture and stir just until combined. (I add the wet ingredients to the dry!)

Pour into prepared loaf tin and bake for 1 hour or longer until a knife inserted into the bread comes out clean. Allow it to cool in the pan, use a knife to loosen the edges before turning the bread out to cool completely.

My oven heats from above and from below so after about 20 minutes I usually put some foil over the top to prevent the bread from burning. I actually don’t eat banana bread at all.. but my better half does so I make it for him quite often. He loves it and it’s the easiest way to use up the last few bananas no one wants to eat!

The bread can be made three days ahead but I am not sure it will last that long!


No comments:

Post a Comment