Saturday 13 July 2013

Super Easy Roasted Butternut Soup

This is such an easy recipe for a really quick family meal. I took it from the June 2013 issue of the Food & Home Magazine:

Butternut Soup Ingredients:


1 1/2 Kg Butternut, Peeled & Chopped
50 ml olive oil
Salt & Pepper
2 ½ Litres Vegetable Stock
Extra Salt & Pepper

Method:


1. Place butternut, olive oil salt & pepper on a large tray and into a hot oven 180 degrees C
-I added some fresh thyme, garlic and nutmeg as well, covered with foil and added a liiitle bit of water

 2. Roast until the edges are slightly charred and butternut is well cooked 
 - I didn't exactly do this, just until they were cooked through and yummy.

3. Liquidise with half the liquid and strain through a sieve. 
 - I am way too lazy to do this.. I blitzed it and that’s it.

4. Heat the soup and add extra liquid if needed to get the desired consistency. 
- I used 1 large butternut and only used 1 litre of stock, so see how much you need before adding it all at once. I added half the stock, blitzed, added more etc etc.

Lovely!


No comments:

Post a Comment